LinkedIn is no longer a job search engine, it is the leading B2B social media networking and marketing platform. LinkedIn offers brands to promote their products and services and allows you to connect with people.
Why do Businesses require LinkedIn?Is LinkedIn Marketing as effective as Google Ads or Facebook? What is the value added?
Here are some facts about LinkedIn that help brands to stay on top of their target audience’s mind.
According to reports, 4 out of 5 LinkedIn members drive business decisions and the LinkedIn audience has 2X the buying power of the average web audience.
- LinkedIn has 40 million active decision-makers. That’s powerful!!
- Business leaders like Bill Gates, Simon Sinek, Ryan Holmes, Richard Branson, etc. are actively sharing their thoughts on LinkedIn along with 61 million senior-level influencers active on this platform.
LinkedIn has been voted as the most effective platform for B2B Lead Generation followed by Twitter and Facebook.
Isn’t it amazing that you as an entrepreneur are accessible to 40 million active decision-makers to build your business?
But it’s not that easy, you need a strong marketing strategy for your business to grow on LinkedIn.
Don’t worry, we are here to help you with tips to grow your business on LinkedIn with an effective strategy that has worked for different industries over the last few years. You can say a ‘tried and tested method’ for your business!!
Let’s get started.
- Know Your Goal– You must have clear goals in mind before you start marketing on any social media channel. Without goals, it is challenging to build your business sustainably. Goal allows you to measure your success, track your strategy implementation and monitor your results. It’s good to have short-term and long-term goals for your LinkedIn Growth. Short-term goals are usually associated with a target-based campaign run for a particular purpose for a limited duration.
- Know your Target Audience– There is a huge advantage of having wide audience connections on LinkedIn and a disadvantage if you don’t know whom to target your product or services. For example, if you are marketing PG courses to PG pass-outs or PG students that won’t give you results, right? You need to analyze your audience, their behavior, industry, profile, etc. To know more about your audience, log in to your LinkedIn Profile and check out the organic analytics for your business page.
- Customise & Optimise your ‘Showcase Page’ with compelling content and clear objectives. LinkedIn allows you to create a showcase page for your company/business that could be used as a landing page for lead generation, brand awareness, etc. Page visitors engage with your content and subscribe to your offerings if they find information relevant to their needs. Use Images that bring attention to your page and help to increase user engagement on the page/post.
- Connection– Build a strong network by connecting with industry heads and potential clients. A higher number of connections can lead to higher visibility of your posts.
- Collaboration– People appreciate content that brings value addition to them. Strategic collaborations and partnerships can help position your brand as an expert or thought leader in the targeted market. It is one of the best ways to increase engagement and followers organically!
- Network with relevant groups- Position yourself as an expert by sharing your expertise with suitable LinkedIn groups having like-minded professionals. It helps you to engage with your audience directly and understand their requirements.
- Engage with Audience– Online reputation management has become a vital part of marketing strategies as it allows you to engage with your network by responding to comments and messages promptly. Users feel happy when brands respond to their queries within time, especially when it comes to product or service-related queries. Although AI Chatbots have made life easier however the human conversation is more effective.
- Publish Content– We recommend having a customized content calendar for a week/month so that you share valuable and relevant content regularly to keep high engagement with your connections. It is not necessary to share posts every single day and curate your content strategically for the target user.
- Paid Marketing– LinkedIn allows businesses to run campaigns with different objectives like Brand Awareness, Website Traffic, Lead Generation, etc. Through strategic campaigns, brands increase their reach, and awareness and drive leads. You can create campaigns by accessing LinkedIn Ads Manager.
- LinkedIn Analytics– To understand the effectiveness of your posts, videos, etc. LinkedIn analytics provides you with a detailed review of your page performance. The dashboard shares analysis about followers, visitors, leads, content, competitors, and many more. You can easily export customized reports into excel sheet format.
If you want to learn more about LinkedIn Ads, or need help in boosting your LinkedIn Page, and setting up your LinkedIn Campaigns, feel free to contact Digital Squad Team and we will be happy to help you!